This TV media player is primarily intended for the Asian market and because of that it does not have Google play Store. Still many online shops like Gearbest are selling the Xiaomi Mi Box Mini, and there are already instructions online for installing Google play Store.
But this instructions are not working anymore because they are delivering this box with newest software. Also it has to be rooted to install the Play Store. And I also recommend to use Bluetooth mouse or keyboard with touchpad because it is much easier to complete all steps for installing Google Play Store.
First, you need to setup the Xposed Framework
- Download the Xposed Framework APK
- Install the Xposed Framework onto your Mi Box Mini
- Launch Xposed Installer on the Mi Box Mini
- Select Framework
- Download the HDXPosed module
- Install the HDXPosed module onto your Mi Box Mini
- After rebooting, launch Xposed Installer
- Select Modules
Third, setup the Google Play Store
- Download all Google APKs from here and here
- Install all APKs onto your Xiaomi Mi Box Mini
- Launch apk with Chinese letters
6. After that it will be shown a red screen, just click the orange button at the bottom
8. Now you will need to reboot the box
9. Launch apk with Chinese letters again and after loading click blue button
10. After that you just need to configure Google play Store
It is also known that the Google Play Store does not know Xiaomi Mi Box Mini capabilities, so most applications are not compatible. But I have written a guide how to get work working on the Google Play Store. This guide you can find here.