As the 2010-2019 decade has come to an end, we thought it would be fun to look back on the past 10 years to highlight key OPPO smartphone technology developments. Join us in appreciating the many innovations and smartphone trends that have taken place in just the past several years and wondering about the many more innovations soon to come!
OPPO Find – 2011
In 2011, OPPO launched the OPPO Find, also known as the X903 smartphone. It featured a sideslip cover, full keyboard, and the Android operating system; considered fairly new and revolutionary smartphone technology of the time. Despite its exemplary workmanship and fresh user-orientated interface, it was one of the thickest phones OPPO had produced. the OPPO Find had to be reworked to something thinner and lighter – something like…
OPPO Finder – 2012
Following the feedback on the thick OPPO Find and focusing on a better user experience a special development team focusing on lightness and thickness was setup and the OPPO Finder was born.
This ultra-thin smartphone made a huge turnaround for OPPO between the Find and Finder. OPPO Finder received international coverage from the likes of CNN, who marveled at its 6.65mm thickness and superior performance.
Following the OPPO Finder’s success, ultra-thinness became an important product design factor for many smartphone brands – effectively commencing a “race” to create the most effective ultra-thin smartphones.
OPPO Ulike2 – 2012
Ulike2 marks the beginning of the “Era of Beautified Selfies.” One of OPPO’s designers put forth the idea of not only designing OPPO phones to take clear photos, but also makes them appear more beautiful.
OPPO Ulike2 became the first OPPO device with a 5MP forward-facing camera, in addition to its Beauty 2.0 algorithm. When enabled, it automatically applies a beautification effect which produces ideal selfies.
OPPO N3 – 2014
Nicknamed the “Camera Master,” the OPPO N3 was the first phone launch which revolutionized the concept of rotating smartphone cameras.
This was the first OPPO device to feature an electric rotating camera with elegant execution. Additionally, it featured a 16MP lens and cutting-edge graphics engine, marking it as one of the strongest performing smartphones of 2014.
Size and subtle design cues including a side positioned charging port made the device comfortable in the hand and great for multimedia use such as video playback and gaming. The OPPO N3 was even supplied with ‘O-click’ a seperate keychain remote that could activate camera rotation and take photos.
OPPO R9 – 2016
In 2016, OPPO established a brand-new flash charging system that has since made massive waves – VOOC.
Equipped with VOOC flash charging, OPPO R9 can provide 2 hours of calling time with just a 5-minute charge. It sold nearly 20 million copies, took up 4% of the mobile phone market share and became the largest seller in the Chinese mobile phone market. On November 1st, 2016, it won the Swan Award – the highest honor in mobile phone design and application innovation available in China.
OPPO Find X – 2018
A revolutionary screen design; OPPO Find X found its home as the first perfectly seamless full-screen smartphone. Thanks to its curved surface panoramic screen and hidden front-facing camera, Find X established itself as the industry’s highest screen ratio phone.
Find X commenced yet another “race” within the smartphone industry – the race to create the most effective full-screen smartphone. The release of OPPO Find X reflects their commitment to the vision, “Dare to Break Through and Dare to Innovate.”
OPPO Find X went on to win the Best Design Award in Tech YouTuber MKBHD’s smartphones of the year 2018.
OPPO Reno 5G – 2019
Finally, we come to 2019 – when OPPO introduced its newest series – OPPO Reno. Reno 10x Zoom and Reno 5G (adding 5G connectivity) featured the advent of 10x Hybrid Zoom technology and a pivot rising camera enabling a notchless screen design. The OPPO Reno 10x Zoom goes above and beyond in photography, equipped with a full-focal length tri-lens rear camera, including a 48MP primary lens, a 13MP telephoto lens, and an 8MP wide angle lens. OPPO Reno became recognized as the go-to series for photographers and creatives all over the world. OPPO Reno 5G additionally was the first 5G smartphone to go on sale in Europe, first sold in Swisscom shops across Switzerland.
5 Reasons To Buy New Mi 10
This week Xiaomi has presented new flagship smartphone models Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro. The presentation was in an unusual online format because of coronavirus in China. But the company prepared for it on a really high level making the video stream on different online platforms.
So, let’s talk about the new models and 5 reasons why you should change your smartphone to the new one Mi 10.
Reason 1 – Display
Mi 10 features really best 6.67 inches SuperAMOLED display with resolution 2340*1080 pixels. As you can see the frames are really small which creates the effect of total bezel-less display. The model has rounded edges, but all the display is protected with durable Corning Gorilla Glass.
Reason 2 – Top configuration
The model is equipped with a Snapdragon 865 eight-core processor. The performance was increased by up to 20 percent compared with the previous generation.
Reason 3 – Updated Memory
The model uses the LPDDR 5 memory standard which is high-tech and modern. Xiaomi is the second brand after Samsung who implements this decision into smartphones. Also, the model uses Wi-Fi 6 technology.
Reason 4 – Cool camera
The model has four camera sensors situated on the rear panel. The most powerful sensor is 108MP which is supplemented with one 13MP sensor and two sensors with 2MP resolution.
Thanks to the AI algorithms the user can work with original photo testing different effects.
Another interesting feature is text recognition. Sometimes when you should take a photo of documents or book pages the shadow of the smartphone can ruin the photo making some zones not visible for reading. But thanks for AI algorithms it’s not a problem anymore.
Reason 5 – A powerful battery
In order to keep the necessary level of performance, the model has a 4780 mAh battery. Thanks to the cooling system the model can be fully charged in 56 minutes. Moreover, it supports wireless charging.
The global launch date is currently unknown. So stay tuned.
The Google Assistant-powered “Ambient Mode” is rolling out to OnePlus devices
By partnering with Google, OnePlus is excited to bring the Google Assistant-powered “Ambient Mode” to your OnePlus device (available onOnePlus 3 and above).
Ambient Mode is a “proactive” Google Assistant experience that is available whenever the device is being charged. You can access proactive information and suggestions on weather, agenda, entertainment, reminders, and more. The feature can also be used to turn a phone into a digital photo frame or as the interface to control smart home devices, such as lights, or music players. Check out this video made by Google to learn more:
To opt-in this feature, please connect your OnePlus device to the charger, click the notification and follow the guidance to finish the setup process, or you can enable this feature in Google App Settings > Assistant > Devices (Phone). Please note that this is a staged rollout, which might take up to a week to a full release, your patience will be appreciated.
10 things to know about Android 10
Android 10 is here! With this release, Google focused on making your everyday life easier with features powered by on-device machine learning, as well as supporting new technologies like Foldables and 5G. At the same time, with almost 50 changes related to privacy and security, Android 10 gives you greater protection, transparency, and control over your data. This builds on top of their ongoing commitment to provide industry-leading security and privacy protections on Android. Google also built new tools that empower people of all abilities, and help you find the right balance with technology.
Here are the 10 things you should know, centered on innovation, security and privacy and digital wellbeing:
Simpler, smarter, and more helpful
1. Smart Reply now suggests actions. So when someone sends you a message with an address or a YouTube video, you can open and navigate in Google Maps or open up the video in YouTube—no copying and pasting required. And Smart Reply now works across all your favorite messaging apps.
2. Come to the dark side… with Dark Theme. You can enable Dark Theme for your entire phone or for specific apps like Photos and Calendar. It’s easier on your eyes, and your phone battery too.
3. Take advantage of larger, edge-to-edge screens with the new gesture navigation. With simple swipes, you can go backwards, pull up the homescreen, and fluidly move between tasks. After switching, you won’t want to go back to visible buttons.
4. With a single tap, Live Caption will automatically caption videos, podcasts and audio messages across any app—even stuff you record yourself. Live Caption will become available this fall, starting with Pixel.
New privacy and security features put you in control
5. You can choose to only share location data with apps while you’re using them. You’ll also receive reminders when an app that you are not actively using is accessing your location, so you can decide whether or not to continue sharing.
6. In a new Privacy section under Settings, you’ll find important controls like Web & App Activity and Ad Settings in one place.
7. With Google Play system updates, important security and privacy fixes can now be sent to your phone from Google Play, in the same way your apps update. So you get these fixes as soon as they’re available, without having to wait for a full OS update.
Find the right balance with technology for you and your family
8. You have greater control over where and when notifications will alert you. Mark notifications as “Silent” and they won’t make noise or appear on your lockscreen, so you’re only alerted by notifications when you want to be.
9. Now Family Link is part of every device running Android 10, right in settings under Digital Wellbeing. Parents can use these tools to set digital ground rules like daily screen time limits, device bedtime, time limits on specific apps, and more. They can also review the apps children install on their devices, as well as their usage.
10. Want to be in the zone but not off the grid? Digital Wellbeing now brings you Focus mode. Select the apps you find distracting—such as email or the news—and silence them until you come out of Focus mode. Sign up for the Beta to try it.
There’s lots more in Android 10, including a new enterprise feature that lets you use different keyboards for your personal and work profiles, app timers for specific websites so you can balance your time on the web, new gender-inclusive emoji, and support for direct audio streaming to hearing aid devices.
Development and Hacking4 years ago
How to install the Google Play Store on the Xiaomi Mi Box Mini
Tablets6 years ago
How to repair a Chinese tablet which wont turn on or charge
Reviews5 years ago
Vphone i6 – iPhone 6 clone Test and Review
Development and Hacking4 years ago
How to Root the Xiaomi Mi Box Mini
Reviews5 years ago
WeTek Play Android TV DVB-S2 Satellite Receiver Review
Reviews5 years ago
Lenovo S90 Sisley 4G LTE phone review
Reviews3 years ago
H96 PRO Plus Review – cheapest Amlogic S912 Android box
Development and Hacking4 years ago
How to trick Google Play Store with Xiaomi Mi Box Mini allowing All Apps