With the growth of mobile gaming in recent years, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) has emerged as one of the most popular battle royale games around the globe. This incredibly engaging online multiplayer game offers an immersive gaming experience with high-end graphics and real-time action. However, to make the most out of this game, players need a capable device that can handle its demands smoothly.
That said, owning a top-tier smartphone for the sole purpose of gaming may not be feasible for everyone, especially those on a budget. But fret not, because there are affordable Android phones on the market that are perfectly equipped to handle PUBG’s requirements. This comprehensive guide aims to help you navigate through these options and find the best affordable Android phone that will ensure a smooth, lag-free PUBG gaming experience.
In the upcoming sections, we will delve into understanding the smartphone requirements for PUBG, list out top affordable Android phones for PUBG in 2023, and provide tips on how to optimize your Android phone for PUBG. We will also discuss some final considerations to bear in mind when buying an Android phone for PUBG.
Understanding Smartphone Requirements for PUBG
To get the best experience when playing PUBG, your smartphone needs to meet certain specifications. While the game can be played on devices with lower specs, it is not ideal because it can result in choppy gameplay, lagging, and other performance issues. Let’s dive into the specific requirements to understand what makes a smartphone capable of running PUBG smoothly.
The first requirement to consider is the processor. PUBG is a resource-intensive game, and hence, it requires a capable processor to run efficiently. A strong processor ensures the game runs smoothly without any lag or performance issues. Generally, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 or equivalent is the minimum requirement for playing PUBG without any noticeable lag.
Next, let’s discuss RAM. PUBG requires at least 2GB of RAM for Android 5.1.1 and above, but for an optimal gaming experience, at least 4GB RAM is recommended. More RAM allows your device to keep more applications open in the background without slowing down, which is especially crucial for a game like PUBG that requires quick response times.
The third important factor is the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). A powerful GPU can handle high-quality graphics and offer a smoother gaming experience. Adreno 610 or Mali-G52 MP2 or equivalent is a good starting point for a GPU in a smartphone to play PUBG.
Finally, the screen size and resolution can greatly impact your gaming experience. A larger screen size with a good resolution provides a more immersive gaming experience. In general, a screen size of 5.5 inches or larger with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels is preferred for gaming.
Understanding these smartphone requirements for PUBG is crucial in choosing a budget-friendly device that doesn’t compromise on the gaming experience. In the next section, we will explore some affordable Android phones that meet these requirements.
Top Affordable Android Phones for PUBG in 2023
There are several affordable Android phones in 2023 that can handle PUBG smoothly. These devices provide a good balance between cost and performance, making them excellent choices for budget-conscious gamers. Let’s dive into these options:
- Realme Narzo 30 – Powered by the MediaTek Helio G95 processor, the Realme Narzo 30 boasts a strong performance that can easily handle PUBG. It has a large 6.5-inch Full HD+ display that offers a rich and immersive gaming experience. With a battery capacity of 5000mAh, it ensures extended gaming sessions without worrying about charging.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 – The Redmi Note 10 from Xiaomi is another fantastic budget option for PUBG gamers. It’s powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 and paired with Adreno 612 GPU, providing enough power to play PUBG smoothly. A 6.43-inch AMOLED display with a high refresh rate makes the gaming experience more enjoyable.
- Samsung Galaxy A32 – The Samsung Galaxy A32 runs on MediaTek Helio G80 processor and comes with 4GB of RAM, which is more than sufficient for running PUBG. Its 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display provides vibrant colors and sharp details. Additionally, it has a large battery of 5000mAh for long gaming sessions.
- Motorola Moto G Power (2023) – The Moto G Power is another excellent budget phone for PUBG. It’s powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 chipset, has 4GB RAM, and a large 6.6-inch IPS LCD screen that provides ample room for controls. The most significant selling point of the Moto G Power is its massive 5000mAh battery, which offers extended battery life.
- Poco X3 Pro – The Poco X3 Pro runs on the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 processor, paired with the Adreno 640 GPU, making it a great budget gaming phone. It has a large 6.67-inch IPS LCD screen with a high refresh rate, which ensures smooth gameplay. Also, a big 5160mAh battery ensures you can play PUBG for longer periods without running out of juice.
These phones are not only affordable but also packed with features that enhance your PUBG gaming experience.
How to Optimize Your Android Phone for PUBG
Even with a capable device, optimizing your settings can significantly improve your PUBG gameplay. Here are some tips to get the most out of your Android device:
- Adjust In-Game Settings: PUBG has several in-game settings that can be adjusted for smoother gameplay. These include graphics settings, frame rate, and style. It is recommended to set graphics to ‘Smooth’ and frame rate to ‘High’ for the best performance on budget phones.
- Use Gaming Modes: Many smartphones come with a built-in gaming mode that optimizes the device for gaming. This can include optimizing the processor, limiting background processes, and improving network connectivity.
- Free Up Space: Regularly clear up unused apps and files to free up space. PUBG and its updates can take up a significant amount of storage. Having free storage space helps the game to load faster and run more smoothly.
- Stay Updated: Ensure that your phone’s software and the PUBG app are updated. Updates often come with performance improvements and bug fixes that can enhance gaming experience.
- Avoid Multitasking: While multitasking is a handy feature, it can affect the game’s performance if your device is running several heavy applications simultaneously. Close all unnecessary apps before launching PUBG to free up system resources.
Final Considerations When Buying an Android Phone for PUBG
While the primary focus has been on the affordability and performance balance, several other factors should be considered when buying an Android phone for PUBG.
Longevity of the device is crucial. A smartphone that can handle current games should also be capable of running future updates and new releases. Future-proofing your purchase ensures you don’t need to upgrade your device frequently.
Consider the frequency and reliability of software updates. Regular updates not only introduce new features but also improve security and performance. Manufacturers who frequently update their devices are generally a better choice.
Lastly, consider after-sales service. Good customer support and accessible service centers are essential, especially if you encounter any issues with your device. A device with a good warranty period and robust customer support is always a safer bet.
PUBG has transformed the mobile gaming scene, offering an immersive gaming experience that was once exclusive to high-end PCs and consoles. However, you don’t necessarily need to break the bank to enjoy this game. As we’ve shown, there are affordable Android phones in 2023 that are perfectly capable of providing a smooth PUBG experience.
Understanding the smartphone requirements for PUBG, optimizing your device, and considering factors like device longevity, software updates, and after-sales service are all key to making an informed purchase. Whether it’s the Realme Narzo 30, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10, Samsung Galaxy A32, Motorola Moto G Power (2023), or Poco X3 Pro, these budget-friendly options prove that cost doesn’t have to be a barrier to enjoying your favorite game.
With the right device in hand, the battlefield is yours to conquer. Happy gaming!
How To Open Samsung Remote In 7 Steps [Complete Guide]
Best VR Gadgets For Android: Top 9 Picks For Tech Enthusiasts
How to Block Windows Update on Chuwi Hi10 Pro
Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 vs Corning Gorilla Glass 6
Best Chinese Tablets Supporting Handwriting
SolarMovie Alternatives: Best Ways to Watch Online Movies For Free
For many, watching SolarMovie was the go-to way to watch online movies for free. Regardless if you are doing it...
Best TheWatchSeries Alternatives: How to Watch Shows Online
Regardless of who you are, there are few things more appealing than nesting into your couch, bed, or bean-bag and...
How to install VXP watch face on any Mediatek smartwatch
Smartwatches are increasingly getting popular in different countries across various age groups. Moreover, many thanks need to be accorded to...
How to share SkyBell HD access with other people
So actually you have bought the SkyBell HD video doorbell, and now you want to make it visible with other...
Elephone S7 Review – Best Galaxy S7 Edge clone
At this moment China has huge number of different smartphone companies, and one of them is definitely Elephone. Which is...
H96 PRO Plus Review – cheapest Amlogic S912 Android box
Yes, you heard right because this Android TV box is the cheapest one with Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU Amlogic S912....
How to trick Google Play Store with Xiaomi Mi Box Mini allowing All Apps
If you have followed my guide to install the Google Play Store on Xiaomi Mi Box Mini. It is possible...
Smartwatches6 months ago
Smartwatch For Android: 5 Best Picks You Can Buy Right Now
Fun & Entertainment6 months ago
Peacock 4K: How To Watch It In Your Home? [Step-By-Step Guide]
Phones6 months ago
Animated Lockscreens: 2 Best Methods To Revamp Your Phone
Phones5 months ago
OnePlus One vs. Nexus 6: The Clash of Two Flagship Killers
Phones5 months ago
Why you should skip on a foldable phone
Cool gadget5 months ago
What Is A Stream Deck: 3+ Top Reasons Why You Need To Buy This Device
Tips and Tricks5 months ago
Local SEO Efforts: 3 Strategies For Stronger Online Presence
Tips and Tricks5 months ago
How To Take A Good Selfie With Android: 5+ Great Tips [Tutorial]